Ajax star midfielder Donny van de Beek has agreed to a four-year deal with Manchester United, and is set to join them for about £35.7m this summer.
Manchester United have not been very lucky this summer with regards to transfer targets due to the valuation of their top targets and the financial impact of the Covid-19 enforced break.
The Red Devils faithfuls have been waiting patiently for a new face to arrive at the Theater of dreams this summer, and their long wait is now set to be rewarded with a stellar addition to their midfield ranks.
Manchester United have fought off interests from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Tottenham for Donny van de Beek’s signature, and the young Dutchman looks poised to pledge allegiance to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Man Utd.
With enough time left in the transfer window, Manchester United will be looking at more recruitments over the coming weeks.
TOP STORY – MAN UTD TO COMPLETE THE SIGNING OF DONNY VAN DE BEEK
According to The Guardian, English powerhouse Manchester United have agreed a fee to land Holland international Donny van de Beek from Eredivisie winners Ajax.
The tussle for Donny van de Beek has been a very lengthy one, with all the European powerhouses competing for his signature for more than three years now.
Donny van de Beek had been tipped to join Barcelona due to the presence of best friend and former teammate Frenkie de Jong.
Manchester United are now set to bring in their first marque signing of the summer for around a total of €40m after additional fees.
EUROPEAN TRANSFER ROUND-UP
– Kai Havertz look set to join a free spending Chelsea team for a deal worth around £89m. Fabrizio Romano confirms Leverkusen have agreed to let the player leave this summer.
– Inter will be left feeling sore after Sandro Tonali decided to rethink his proposed move to Inter and join Milan instead. Calciomercato confirms the Brescia star will join Milan on an initial loan deal before eventually making the move permanent.
– New Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo is planning a serious overhaul of his current squad. He has placed a lot of high profile names on the transfer list, and Douglas Costa might be close to joining Manchester United.
– Barcelona are set to battle Juventus for Lazio striker Ciro Immobile. The Italian marksman finished as the highest goal scorer in Europe’s top five leagues last season.
– Matteo Guendouzi has been tagged unwanted at Arsenal, and Super Deporte claims Valencia are eyeing a bid for the France international.
– Barcelona have enquired about the availability of Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum in a bid to reunite him with his former national team boss Ronald Koeman.
– In a surprise move this morning, Liverpool have reportedly tabled a £40m bid for Watford sensation Ismaila Sarr, according to The Mirror.
– N’Golo Kanté has been requested for by Inter head coach Antonio Conte. Inter would be looking to raise funds for such a transfer by selling Matias Vecino and Marcelo Brozovic.
– Manchester United have entered the race to sign Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich, according to German reporter Fredrik A.N. Filtvedt.
This football news update is brought to you by the Footy Area team. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and join other fans from around the world on our Telegram channel.
Marcus Rashford named among TIME Magazine’s next 100 most influential people
Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has been as one of TIME magazine’s ‘next 100 most influential people in the world’,...
Son Heung-Min dismisses rumors of Jose Mourinho losing the Tottenham dressing room
Son Heung-min has laughed off suggestions that Jose Mourinho has lost the Tottenham dressing room following a bad run of...
Paul Pogba to miss Europa League clash due to injury
Manchester United will be without Paul Pogba for the rest of the month, as he still needs a few weeks to recover from a thigh injury. Paul Pogba will not play again in February, with the Manchester United midfielder still needing a couple of weeks...
Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick downs misfiring Barcelona
Not since 2005 had a visiting player scored a hat trick away to Barcelona, with Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick against Barcelona...
Fernandes slams United’s mentality and defending in Everton 3-3 draw
Bruno Fernandes couldn’t contain his anger in the wake of Manchester United’s 3-3 draw with Everton as he let loose...
MUN 6-2 Leeds: Scott McTominay is a ‘Physical Monster’ who does Sensational things – Ole
Scott McTominay emerged an unlikely Manchester United goal hero, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer maintains his midfield prodigy “can do everything”....
Zidane hails Benzema after important brace against Bilbao
Zinedine Zidane praised Karim Benzema after the striker powered Real Madrid past Athletic Bilbao in LaLiga on Tuesday. Benzema netted...
Transfer Rumours: Eriksen prefers PSG move to Premier League return
Danish International Christian Eriksen has reportedly turned down a move which would have seen him return to the Premier League...
It’s an honor to be involved in France Football’s All Time XI: Cristiano Ronaldo
Juventus and Portugal’s ace striker Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted to his inclusion in France Football’s All Time XI, saying how...