Ajax star midfielder Donny van de Beek has agreed to a four-year deal with Manchester United, and is set to join them for about £35.7m this summer.
Manchester United have not been very lucky this summer with regards to transfer targets due to the valuation of their top targets and the financial impact of the Covid-19 enforced break.
The Red Devils faithfuls have been waiting patiently for a new face to arrive at the Theater of dreams this summer, and their long wait is now set to be rewarded with a stellar addition to their midfield ranks.
Manchester United have fought off interests from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Tottenham for Donny van de Beek’s signature, and the young Dutchman looks poised to pledge allegiance to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Man Utd.
With enough time left in the transfer window, Manchester United will be looking at more recruitments over the coming weeks.
TOP STORY – MAN UTD TO COMPLETE THE SIGNING OF DONNY VAN DE BEEK
According to The Guardian, English powerhouse Manchester United have agreed a fee to land Holland international Donny van de Beek from Eredivisie winners Ajax.
The tussle for Donny van de Beek has been a very lengthy one, with all the European powerhouses competing for his signature for more than three years now.
Donny van de Beek had been tipped to join Barcelona due to the presence of best friend and former teammate Frenkie de Jong.
Manchester United are now set to bring in their first marque signing of the summer for around a total of €40m after additional fees.
EUROPEAN TRANSFER ROUND-UP
– Kai Havertz look set to join a free spending Chelsea team for a deal worth around £89m. Fabrizio Romano confirms Leverkusen have agreed to let the player leave this summer.
– Inter will be left feeling sore after Sandro Tonali decided to rethink his proposed move to Inter and join Milan instead. Calciomercato confirms the Brescia star will join Milan on an initial loan deal before eventually making the move permanent.
– New Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo is planning a serious overhaul of his current squad. He has placed a lot of high profile names on the transfer list, and Douglas Costa might be close to joining Manchester United.
– Barcelona are set to battle Juventus for Lazio striker Ciro Immobile. The Italian marksman finished as the highest goal scorer in Europe’s top five leagues last season.
– Matteo Guendouzi has been tagged unwanted at Arsenal, and Super Deporte claims Valencia are eyeing a bid for the France international.
– Barcelona have enquired about the availability of Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum in a bid to reunite him with his former national team boss Ronald Koeman.
– In a surprise move this morning, Liverpool have reportedly tabled a £40m bid for Watford sensation Ismaila Sarr, according to The Mirror.
– N’Golo Kanté has been requested for by Inter head coach Antonio Conte. Inter would be looking to raise funds for such a transfer by selling Matias Vecino and Marcelo Brozovic.
– Manchester United have entered the race to sign Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich, according to German reporter Fredrik A.N. Filtvedt.
This football news update is brought to you by the Footy Area team. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and join other fans from around the world on our Telegram channel.
Porto 0-0 Man City: UEFA Champions League highlights
Atlético 1-1 Bayern: UEFA Champions League highlights
Liverpool 1-0 Ajax: UEFA Champions League
Borussia Mochengladbach 2-3 Inter: UEFA Champions League
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 Real Madrid UEFA Champions League
Fatigued Ronaldo to be rested for Benevento trip
Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo confirmed Cristiano Ronaldo is to be rested for Saturday’s trip to Benevento. Ronaldo, 35, has made...
Pogba and McTominay doubtful for Saints’ clash
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay are major doubts and are unlikely to be fit for Manchester...
Argentine Legend Diego Maradona Dies Aged 60
News that Argentine legend Diego Maradona dies aged 60 was quick to travel round the globe after the world was...
Jude Bellingham hails ridiculous Haaland: He’s incredible
Jude Bellingham hails ridiculous Haaland after an impressive show against a dismal Club Brugge on Tuesday which drew appraisal from...
There’s more to Fernandes than penalties alone: MUN 4-1 BFK
Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised Bruno Fernandes following Manchester United’s demolition of Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday in the...