The University of Toronto was established on 15th March, 1827 as a public research University, it’s location is Queens park Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This program admits students’ from various degree program and Fields of study. The University of Toronto has 3 campuses namely St. George Campus, Scarborough Campus and Mississauga Campus. This article is aimed at helping her potential aspirants to know the requirements of admission and scholarship requirement. This University is renowned in Canada and across borders. It has produced reputable international Alumuni and Nobel prize laureates. And it has contributed to the development of the world and Canada at Large, one of the major contribution of this institution is in the manufacturing and development of insulin and stem cell research. This University pioneered the development of the first electron microscope, and the development of other major technology such as deep learning, the multi-touch technology etc.
This University has not only made major contribution to the area of science and technology, it has also played a crucial role and contributed to influential movements and curricula in literary criticism and communication theory. This University also plays a significant role in Art’s, management and science’s, and her certificate is recognized internationally.
Canada is ranked among the top best study location in the world, it has a suitable learning, crime rate is very low, and this makes it the safest place to study. It also has diverse cultural practice. Making you gain cultural and Academic knowledge in all.
University of Toronto Ranking
This University is highly ranked and this University is recognized by the world Education ranking bodies, and major educational ranking institution recognize this institution.
The QS world university , the university of Toronto is ranked 10 in Canada and 29th in the world.
Times higher education recognize this institution in 18th position, 28th on impact ranking and 19th on world reputation rankings.
The US News Best global university ranks this University as the 18th in the world.
NTU Ranking places this University as the 4th university globally.
University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
The University of Toronto has an acceptance rate of 43%, comprising of international students and domestic students’. Recently the university admitted about 93,083 students’ and approximately about 73,000 were undergraduate, 21000 were graduate students and nearly 23,000 students’ are from about 160 countries and region’s.
University of Toronto tuition fee
This University tuition fee varies for different programs, level of study and type of students’. Wether international or domestic.
Undergraduate Degree Fee
Tuition fee for newly admitted ranges up to $6100 to $18,400 and it depends on the program.
This University her tuition fee, her graduates ranges up to $35,890 to $58,620 and it depends on the program you wish to study.
Graduate Degree Tuition
Tuition fee for domestic students’ ranges from $6,210 to $46,270.
Tuition fee for domestic students’ ranges from $23,770 to $64,580.
Faculties in the university of Toronto
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Information
The University of Toronto Scholarship
The University of Toronto Scholarship has about 4500 admission scholarship and it is awarded annually and it worth’s $20 million dollars, and nearly 5,000 in course and awarded annually. This scholarship is open for applicants both international and domestic students’, both graduate and undergraduate degree students’ can apply, as long as they pass the eligibility criteria. And provide the necessary documents needed to apply.
Some of the university scholarship are
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
- The University of Toronto International Scholar Award
- Schulich Leader Scholarships
- Scholarship for Women in Business
- President’s Scholars of Excellence Program
- Project Hero Scholarship
- Nortel Institute Undergraduate Scholarship
- Musician’s Dream Aid Award
- Mary Jane Hendrie Memorial Scholarship
- John H. Moss Scholarship
- Hilary M. Weston Scholarship
- Faculty of Engineering Admission Scholarships etc.
Basic Requirements for the university of Toronto Scholarship Program
To be eligible for any of the university of Toronto Scholarship, you must have meet the following criteria
- Applicants must be enrolled in a program of the university of Toronto, or about to be enrolled
- Candidate must have an excellent Academic achievement and must be involved in extracurricular activities in their previous studies
- Some scholarships are meant for international students, while some are meant for domestic students’ so verify every scholarship before applying
- Applicants must read and understand the eligibility criteria and requirements for any scholarships they wish to apply
- Must possess the necessary documents provided by the scholarship committee
- Early application is necessary
University of Toronto Admission Requirements
The requirements for getting admission into the university of Toronto is
- For undergraduate student the minimum requirements is 3.6 for GPA and the minimum GPA of 3.0
- The language proficiency test required in this University is TOFEL and IELTS
NB: The minimum score required for the TOEFL computer-based test is 100 + 22 on writing while the paper=based test is 89-99 + 22 on writing. The minimum required score for the IELTS is 6.5
- The standardized tests required in this course are GMAT and GRE for graduate, undergraduate SAT
- Must have the eligible study permit for international students
- Must provide Academic transcript to be eligible for admission
University of Toronto Application Fee
For graduate students her application fee is, CDN $120 and CDN $180. The fee is non refundable and non transferable.
To be eligible for admission the candidate must have applied and submitted the complete documents, by clicking https://future.utoronto.ca/apply/ and once you receive admission letter start processing your students ViSA