Given the difficulties tied to finalizing a deal for Lautaro Martinez, Barcelona look set to complete the deal for Memphis Depay.
According to reports, Memphis Depay is getting set to complete a dream move to Barcelona in the coming days.
Barcelona are currently unable to follow through on a bid for long term target Lautaro Martinez due to the financial complications
The Catalan giants are set to rebuild their squad after a trophy-less 2019/20 season.
And after numerous links to high profile forwards, Barcelona are finally set to complete deal for Memphis Depay this week.
TOP STORY – MEMPHIS DEPAY TO JOIN BARCELONA
Barcelona have reportedly agreed to pay the €30million asking price for Dutch striker Memphis Depay, according to De Telegraaf
Ronald Koeman is a firm admirer of the Dutchman and would love to reunite with his former national team trainee.
Memphis Depay enjoyed a stellar season with Lyon, scoring 15 goals in 22 appearances, before suffering a damaged anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury.
Real Madrid and Man City are also keeping close tabs on the Inter striker.
However, Fabrizio Romano believes Inter are set to hold talks with Lautaro’s agents to extend his deal beyond 2023.
Sport also reports that former PSG man Edinson Cavani has offered his services to Barca.
– Staying at Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo reports Barcelona are ready to make another offer for Eric Garcia.
Barcelona are insisting they would only pay €15m (£13.9m) for the Manchester City defender, but City want €18m (£16.7m).
Meanwhile, Marca reports Atletico have rejected a £92.5m (€100m) offer from Man City for defender Jose Gimenez.
– Reports from a source at Real Madrid confirms plans are ongoing to make a blockbuster move for Kylian Mbappe next year.
AS reports that Los Blancos have the upper hand compared to other clubs due to Mbappe’s admiration for Zidane.
– The Sun reports Manchester United are set to make a loan move for Gareth Bale this week.
Bale’s extremely high wages are believed to be an issue in moving the player away from the Bernabeu.
– Manchester United are reportedly on the hunt for another player. United have enquired about the availability of Valencia player Uros Racic.
However, Valencia have replied they would sell for a reported £28million (€30.3m).
Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano claims Man United are currently in talks with Sergio Reguilon’s agents.
But the deal is said to be stalling over Madrid’s desire to insert a buy-back clause in the contract.
– Torino have agreed to meet the £25m asking price for Lucas Torreira according to CalcioMercato, as he gets set for an Arsenal exit.
Follow FootyArea™ on social media for more news like this.
Register for the FootyArea™ Fantasy Premier League 2020 tournament now, and stand a chance to win amazing cash prizes from our sponsors: Register below now!!