The Gates Scholarship Program
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to outstanding student with leadership mindset to help them reach their full potential.
Applicants will be funded for the full cost of attendance not already covered by other financial aid and expected family contribution as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the methodology used by the college or a college for scholars. Participation costs include tuition, fees, room, board, books and transportation and may include other personal expenses.
University or organization: The Gates
Course level: Undergraduate
Number of Awards: various
Access Type: Online
Those Qualified For the Scholarship
- Applicants must be a high school senior of at least one of the following ethnicities: African American, Native American/Alaska Indian, Asian and Pacific Islander, American, Hispanic.
- Applicants must be pell-eligible
- Applicants must have a US citizen, nationality, or permanent resident
- Applicants must have good academic standing with a cumulative weighted GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Applicants must be able to be in a Nonprofit, private, or accredited US college or university.
- Applicants from American Indian/Alaska Native have to provide a proof of tribal registration.
- Applicants must have excellent academic performance in high school (top 10% of their senior year)
- Applicants must have proven leadership skills either through community service, extracurricular, or other activities.
- Applicants must have exceptional personal success skills like emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.
Applicants that are interested and qualified for the scholarship are to click here to apply.
Applicants who are qualified will be selected.
After the selection, they will be awarded.