A Teacher is responsible for preparing lesson plans and educating students at all levels. Their duties include assigning homework, grading tests, and documenting progress. Teachers must be able to instruct in a variety of subjects and reach students with engaging lesson plans. Anyone who has a work permit and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you do not have a work permit and is not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
We are on the hunt for a self-motivated and experienced Teacher to join our qualified team of educators. As a Teacher, you will be responsible for cultivating the students’ interest in education and development. Your responsibilities will include grading assignments, evaluating students’ progress, and planning educational activities.
You should be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational processes. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities.
School District 33, Chilliwack
46363 Yale Road Chilliwack, British Columbia V2P 2P8
$61,322 annually for 40 to 45 hours per week
Read More: Guide to Studying in Korea
Full time (Day)
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
Not necessary but an asset
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop, and field studies
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum; Prepare, administer, and correct tests
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents, and school officials
- Develop course content
- Assign and correct homework
Read Also: Benefits of Study Abroad Programs
- Develop and issue educational content including notes, tests, and assignments.
- Supervise classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and semester report cards.
- Attend parent-teacher meetings.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Teaching or relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Confidential security clearance
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
For More: Age Limit For Immigrating To Canada
This job opportunity is valid until the 10th of March 2021
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities.
Method of Application
The application process is via email. Send an email including your cover letter and details to the email below