Chelsea are currently on the hunt for an experienced defender capable of bringing some discipline and leadership at the back, and PSG captain Thiago Silva is their man.
Footy Area’s reporting team brings you all the transfer rumors from across Europe this week. We keep you posted on all the movements of numerous clubs in the transfer window this summer.
Reports suggests Premier League duo Arsenal and Chelsea are keen to strengthen their defenses this off season, with Chelsea reportedly in the market for a quality center-back and a goalkeeper.
Arsenal on the other hand have set the signing of a center back as it’s top priority after conceding more league goals than the top eight teams last season.
According to this morning’s reports, the both teams are very close to signing a center back.
TOP STOR: CHELSEA CLOSE TO SIGNING THIAGO SILVA
According to Sky Sports, Chelsea are very close to sealing a move for PSG captain Thiago Silva.
Silva, aged 35, confirmed he had played his last game for PSG in a news conference after Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League final loss to Bayern on Sunday.
The former Brazilian international has two offers from Fiorentina and Chelsea, but he looks set to take on a challenge in England.
– Chelsea’s London rivals Arsenal have almost captured a centre-back of their own. Goal reports a deal taking Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes to the club has been finalised, after Lille agreed on a £27m fee for the center-back.
– Going over to the Spanish capital, Real Madrid have reached a dead end in their bid to offload Welsh international Gareth Bale, with no team willing to match the players humongous £450,000 a week wages.
– Paul Pogba could be set to remain in Manchester for the next three years after positive contract extension talks between Man Utd and Pogba have taken place, with Mino Raiola also confirming his player looks happy with life in England.
– Leicester City and Inter are set to do battle for Lille’s versatile attacker Jonathan Ikone, with Leicester set to match the player’s £50m valuation.
– Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman has confirmed he will give outcast Philippe Coutinho a major role at the heart of his midfield come next season. The current manager was quick to slam previous managers for trying to force Coutinho to play on the flanks as a winger, stating his desire to rebuild his current squad with Coutinho being part of it.
This football news update is brought to you by the Footy Area team. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and join other fans from around the world on our Telegram channel
Porto 0-0 Man City: UEFA Champions League highlights
Atlético 1-1 Bayern: UEFA Champions League highlights
Liverpool 1-0 Ajax: UEFA Champions League
Borussia Mochengladbach 2-3 Inter: UEFA Champions League
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 Real Madrid UEFA Champions League
Fatigued Ronaldo to be rested for Benevento trip
Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo confirmed Cristiano Ronaldo is to be rested for Saturday’s trip to Benevento. Ronaldo, 35, has made...
Pogba and McTominay doubtful for Saints’ clash
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay are major doubts and are unlikely to be fit for Manchester...
Argentine Legend Diego Maradona Dies Aged 60
News that Argentine legend Diego Maradona dies aged 60 was quick to travel round the globe after the world was...
Jude Bellingham hails ridiculous Haaland: He’s incredible
Jude Bellingham hails ridiculous Haaland after an impressive show against a dismal Club Brugge on Tuesday which drew appraisal from...
There’s more to Fernandes than penalties alone: MUN 4-1 BFK
Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised Bruno Fernandes following Manchester United’s demolition of Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday in the...