Chelsea are currently on the hunt for an experienced defender capable of bringing some discipline and leadership at the back, and PSG captain Thiago Silva is their man.
Footy Area’s reporting team brings you all the transfer rumors from across Europe this week. We keep you posted on all the movements of numerous clubs in the transfer window this summer.
Reports suggests Premier League duo Arsenal and Chelsea are keen to strengthen their defenses this off season, with Chelsea reportedly in the market for a quality center-back and a goalkeeper.
Arsenal on the other hand have set the signing of a center back as it’s top priority after conceding more league goals than the top eight teams last season.
According to this morning’s reports, the both teams are very close to signing a center back.
TOP STOR: CHELSEA CLOSE TO SIGNING THIAGO SILVA
According to Sky Sports, Chelsea are very close to sealing a move for PSG captain Thiago Silva.
Silva, aged 35, confirmed he had played his last game for PSG in a news conference after Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League final loss to Bayern on Sunday.
The former Brazilian international has two offers from Fiorentina and Chelsea, but he looks set to take on a challenge in England.
– Chelsea’s London rivals Arsenal have almost captured a centre-back of their own. Goal reports a deal taking Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes to the club has been finalised, after Lille agreed on a £27m fee for the center-back.
– Going over to the Spanish capital, Real Madrid have reached a dead end in their bid to offload Welsh international Gareth Bale, with no team willing to match the players humongous £450,000 a week wages.
– Paul Pogba could be set to remain in Manchester for the next three years after positive contract extension talks between Man Utd and Pogba have taken place, with Mino Raiola also confirming his player looks happy with life in England.
– Leicester City and Inter are set to do battle for Lille’s versatile attacker Jonathan Ikone, with Leicester set to match the player’s £50m valuation.
– Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman has confirmed he will give outcast Philippe Coutinho a major role at the heart of his midfield come next season. The current manager was quick to slam previous managers for trying to force Coutinho to play on the flanks as a winger, stating his desire to rebuild his current squad with Coutinho being part of it.
This football news update is brought to you by the Footy Area team. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and join other fans from around the world on our Telegram channel
Marcus Rashford named among TIME Magazine’s next 100 most influential people
Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has been as one of TIME magazine’s ‘next 100 most influential people in the world’,...
Son Heung-Min dismisses rumors of Jose Mourinho losing the Tottenham dressing room
Son Heung-min has laughed off suggestions that Jose Mourinho has lost the Tottenham dressing room following a bad run of...
Paul Pogba to miss Europa League clash due to injury
Manchester United will be without Paul Pogba for the rest of the month, as he still needs a few weeks to recover from a thigh injury. Paul Pogba will not play again in February, with the Manchester United midfielder still needing a couple of weeks...
Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick downs misfiring Barcelona
Not since 2005 had a visiting player scored a hat trick away to Barcelona, with Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick against Barcelona...
Fernandes slams United’s mentality and defending in Everton 3-3 draw
Bruno Fernandes couldn’t contain his anger in the wake of Manchester United’s 3-3 draw with Everton as he let loose...
MUN 6-2 Leeds: Scott McTominay is a ‘Physical Monster’ who does Sensational things – Ole
Scott McTominay emerged an unlikely Manchester United goal hero, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer maintains his midfield prodigy “can do everything”....
Zidane hails Benzema after important brace against Bilbao
Zinedine Zidane praised Karim Benzema after the striker powered Real Madrid past Athletic Bilbao in LaLiga on Tuesday. Benzema netted...
Transfer Rumours: Eriksen prefers PSG move to Premier League return
Danish International Christian Eriksen has reportedly turned down a move which would have seen him return to the Premier League...
It’s an honor to be involved in France Football’s All Time XI: Cristiano Ronaldo
Juventus and Portugal’s ace striker Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted to his inclusion in France Football’s All Time XI, saying how...