Applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) is now open. The program is aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities. This is a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, broaden horizons, and build a global network that will last a lifetime. It’s open for two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Details of Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
Organisation Scholarship: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth
Host Institutions: Please check below for further details.
Number of Awards: Varies
Duration: 2 years.
Open to citizens of (or those who hold refugee status in) the following countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Cyprus, Malta, United Kingdom, Pacific, Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga,
Value of Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship will provide selected candidates with the following benefits:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
The list of participant universities where applicants can hold the scholarship is shown below.
- University of the South Pacific, Fiji.
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology, Papua New Guinea.
- North-West University, South Africa.
- Rhodes University, South Africa.
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
- University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa.
- University of Venda, South Africa.
- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
Eligibility Criteria for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
Application for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Program is open for candidates, who:
- are citizens of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country (check list above).
- have completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent level.
- meet their chosen university’s specific eligibility requirements for admissions.
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language.
How to Apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship program Visit the Official Website