The unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Center at the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at the University of Southern Scandinavian country (SDU), invites applicants for a 3-year PhD position within the space of drone navigation and grasping on overhead energized cables, in 2023
The PhD is anticipated to perform high-quality analysis as a neighborhood of the research and innovation comes “EU H2020 Drones4Safety” and “IFD Drones4Energy” that are part funded by EU H2023 and Innovation Fund Scandinavian country. they’re innovative drone comes that contribute to the state of the art electrical and communication engineering technologies to make autonomous drone swarm systems which will charge themselves from overhead cables whereas inspecting the encircling infrastructures.
The PhD analysis are going to be specializing in learning associated developing an autonomous drone system that navigates and grasps on energized transmission line cables that have numerous diameters for railways and transmission lines. The PhD student(s) are going to be expected to contribute to the analysis and development activities that are running at the UAS Centre and be a vigorous member within the project team. The student(s) are going to be in the main supervised by prof Emad prophet Malki Ebeid*, and dealing closely with extremely skillful researchers and engineers at SDU UAS Centre and also the project partners.
The expected drone system are going to be group action advanced aboard embedded sensing technologies cherish mmWave, LiDARs, RGB-D/event cameras, magnetometers, etc. with superior computation units cherish FPGAs and GPUs, and dominant the drone supported the united knowledge and also the AI algorithms for cable identification and trailing. The developed drone system are going to be tested inside and outdoors at the SDU UAS testing center, Odense.
Employment as a PhD fellow may be a 3-year salaried position (start remuneration amounts to approx. 3.378,- monetary unit per month incl. supplements).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The triple-crown candidates are going to be expected to have:
- M.Sc. degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) in AI, drones, control, mechatronics or physical science engineering or connected fields.
- Practical expertise with FPGA/GPU, ROS, detector fusion, drone management, and AI are obligatory.
- Excellent programming skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, VHDL, MATLAB).
- Additionally, the candidate(s) ought to have glorious writing skills and be able to work severally.
Application Deadline: July 06, 2023.
The application should be in English and must embody –
- Completed TEK PhD form for 5+3 candidates.
- A motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). transfer within the field known as “Project description”.
- Detailed resume, describing analysis, publication, previous employment and teaching expertise, process skills and together with personal contact info.
- A brief analysis arrange featuring: title, aim/objective, background, expected contribution, planned methodology, work plan, list (maximum three pages together with references). transfer within the field known as “Other relevant material”.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor certification and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams.
- Completed TEK PhD type for calculation grade average. transfer in one in all the fields known as “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading theme of the subsidization universities (if not Danish). transfer in one in all the fields known as “Publication”.
- A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on that the soul needs to swear. Please attach one pdf-file for every publication.
- Three names and e-mails of researchers who will offer an au courant reference letter at short notice. Reference letters may be enclosed within the application.
- You’re welcome to use the shape for reference letter at the school web site.