Lionel Messi has voiced out his desire to leave Barcelona this summer, amid reports of an already agreed contract extension between Barcelona and their captain.
Messi has confirmed rumors suggesting his future lies elsewhere come the 2020/21 season.
With the Barcelona chiefs willing to do all they can to make their talisman happy, including signing any player he wants, Lionel Messi has still turned down recent contract extension talks.
Messi is tied to Barcelona until next summer, but rumors suggests he might be leaving sooner.
TOP STORY – MESSI WANTS IMMEDIATE BARCELONA EXIT
According to Footy Area espana, Lionel Messi wants to leave Barcelona with immediate effect, following the club’s disgraceful 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner has been tipped to link up with his former manager Pep Guardiola at Manchester City this summer.
The Barca captain was expected to sign a new contract this summer, but the recent crisis at the club, capped by their abysmal loss to Bayern, has made Messi rule out extending his stay with Barcelona.
– According to Sport, Barcelona are set to announce a new manager in the coming weeks, with Ronald Koeman and Mauricio Pochettino the front men for the job.
– According to Sport, Barcelona are planning a summer clear out for their underperforming first team players. Reports from Footy Area also suggests Ousmane Dembele, Junior Firpo, Arturo Vidal, Rakitic, and Samuel Umtiti have been placed on the unwanted list at the Camp Nou.
– The Sun suggests Pep Guardiola’s future at Man City is uncertain, with rumors suggesting he might want to resign.
– Footy Area confirms Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang has agreed a bumper three year contract extension to stay with the Gunners beyond this season.
– Chelsea are desperately in need of better defenders this summer. According to The Telegraph, Brighton’s Lewis Dunk and Man City defender John Stones are on top of The Blues’ transfer wishlist.
This football news update is brought to you by the Footy Area team. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and join other fans from around the world on our Telegram channel.
Marcus Rashford named among TIME Magazine’s next 100 most influential people
Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has been as one of TIME magazine’s ‘next 100 most influential people in the world’,...
Son Heung-Min dismisses rumors of Jose Mourinho losing the Tottenham dressing room
Son Heung-min has laughed off suggestions that Jose Mourinho has lost the Tottenham dressing room following a bad run of...
Paul Pogba to miss Europa League clash due to injury
Manchester United will be without Paul Pogba for the rest of the month, as he still needs a few weeks to recover from a thigh injury. Paul Pogba will not play again in February, with the Manchester United midfielder still needing a couple of weeks...
Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick downs misfiring Barcelona
Not since 2005 had a visiting player scored a hat trick away to Barcelona, with Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick against Barcelona...
Fernandes slams United’s mentality and defending in Everton 3-3 draw
Bruno Fernandes couldn’t contain his anger in the wake of Manchester United’s 3-3 draw with Everton as he let loose...
MUN 6-2 Leeds: Scott McTominay is a ‘Physical Monster’ who does Sensational things – Ole
Scott McTominay emerged an unlikely Manchester United goal hero, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer maintains his midfield prodigy “can do everything”....
Zidane hails Benzema after important brace against Bilbao
Zinedine Zidane praised Karim Benzema after the striker powered Real Madrid past Athletic Bilbao in LaLiga on Tuesday. Benzema netted...
Transfer Rumours: Eriksen prefers PSG move to Premier League return
Danish International Christian Eriksen has reportedly turned down a move which would have seen him return to the Premier League...
It’s an honor to be involved in France Football’s All Time XI: Cristiano Ronaldo
Juventus and Portugal’s ace striker Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted to his inclusion in France Football’s All Time XI, saying how...