Executive Office of the US President Fully Paid Internship Program
We are excited to announce that the Executive Office of the President (EOP) is introducing a funded internship program for the first time ever.
The EOP consists of fourteen components, which includes: The Office of the White House (WHO), the Office of the Vice President (OVP), the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA), the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), the Office of Administration (OA ), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Office of the National CyberDirector (NCD), the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) etc.
The mission of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) is to maximize the benefits of science and technology to advance health, wealth, safety, environmental quality and equity for all Americans. Congress established OSTP in 1976. OSTP advises the President and others in the Executive Office on scientific, technical, and technological aspects of the economy, national security, health, and the environment. OSTP leads efforts across the federal government to develop and implement science and technology policies and budgets, and works with the private and philanthropic sectors, state, local, tribal and territorial governments, the academic and research communities, and other nations to this end. OSTP also assists the Office of Management and Budget in an annual review and analysis of federal research and development budgets and serves as the President’s source for scientific and technological analysis and judgment related to important federal policies, plans and programs.
Interns will receive a $6,000 stipend for attending the program. All internships are full-time in Washington, D.C. Applicants must be able to give at least 35 hours per week of their time from Monday to Friday. Also the fall semester 2022 begins in mid-September and ends in mid-December. The application period for the autumn internship is from the end of May to mid-June.
University or organization: The Whitehouse
Course level: Internship
Number of Awards: various
Access Type: Online
Nationality: International applicants
Those Qualified For the Scholarship
Applicant must be a US citizen.
Applicant must be 18 years or older.
Male applicants must be registered with the Selective Service
Applicants must be at least one of the following:
- Recently enrolled in an accredited community college, postgraduate or bachelor degree college, or university
- Graduate of an accredited postgraduate or bachelor program from a community college, college, or university not more than two years prior to the first day of the EOP internship program
- Or a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who has completed a high school Diploma or equivalent diploma and has served on active duty for not more than two years prior to day one of the EOP program for any period.
Applicant must receive a positive safety determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
- To apply, Applicants are to email the documents below in a PDF format to MBX.OSTP.Internships@ostp.eop.gov, entitled “[with their First and Last names] EOP Summer Internship Application”
- A cover letter explaining why he/she would like to become an OSTP intern (maximum of one page)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A short essay about his/her preferred scientific and technological contribution to society (maximum of 300 words)
- An Academic transcript
- More writings may be needed later during the process
June 20, 2022 and ends August 12, 2022.