Excelsior Scholarship 2022-2023
Applications are now being accepted online from all qualifying students. Along with other funded programs. The Excelsior Scholarship entitles students to attend a SUNY or CUNY facility free of charge. Applicants that are awarded the scholarship receives bonus payments for up to two years of full-time undergraduate study in a program leading to an associate’s degree, Or four years of full-time university study, or five years if the program of study normally requires five years, in a bachelor’s program.
An applicant has or will receive a New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) award and/or a Federal Pell Grant for the academic year. And the Excelsior Scholarship covers all remaining tuition fees up to $5,500. Any remaining tuition costs not covered by the Excelsior Scholarship will be reimbursed through a tuition credit.
University or organization: SUNY or CUNY College
Course level: Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: various
Access Type: Online
Those Qualified For the Scholarship
- Applicant must be a resident of New York State and have resided in the state within 12 months before the beginning of the term.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or a qualifying non-citizen.
- Applicant must have graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalence diploma, or passed a state-recognized as Ability to Benefit test, determined by the Commissioner of the State Department of Education.
- Applicants must have a federally adjusted total gross income of less than $125,000.
- Applicant must enroll in an undergraduate program at any SUNY or CUNY university, including community and statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University.
- Applicant must acquire at least 12 credits per semester and complete at least 30 credits per year.
- Applicant must sign a contract promising to live in New York State for the duration of the scholarship.
Applicants must first apply for eligibility under the New York State DREAM Act.
If you have already qualified under the New York State DREAM Act, you only need to reapply to be considered for the Excelsior Scholarship.
Students who are newly admitted to New York State financial assistance under the DREAM Act must first apply Here.
31 July, 2022.