Following their 8-2 humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich, Barcelona are set to sack Quique Setien on Saturday.
So, is it goodbye Quique Setien? Or what could be the solution to the disaster of a team put together by Barcelona on Friday.
Barcelona’s Champions League horror show against Bayern Munich is reportedly the final straw for the club’s hierarchy.
Now that we know it’s certain Quique Setien will not be in charge come next season, who is next in line to take charge at the Nou Camp?
TOP STORY – BARCA SET TO SACK SETIEN
According to popular sports journalist Fabrizio Romano, Barcelona have already decided to sack Quique Setien following their 8-2 humbling to Bayern.
The Catalan giants were beaten beyond repair on Friday night by a rampant Bayern Munich side who have won all of their last 30 games in all competitions.
Former Barca player Xavi has been tipped to replace Quique Setien at Barcelona. Other notable names are Mauricio Pochettino and Masimiliano Allegri.
– Manchester United are readying a surprise bid for Atlético Madrid star Saul Niguez this summer according to Marca.
– The Evening Standard reports talks are still ongoing between Man Utd and Dortmund to sign Jadon Sancho.
– Serbian media company Outlet Republika suggests Man Utd have signed young sensation Filip Stevanovic from Partizan Belgrade.
– According to Sky Sport Italia, Hellas Verona defender Marash Kumbulla has asked for permission to leave his club this summer amid interests from Napoli, Inter and Juventus.
– Footy Area confirms talks are underway between Bayern Munich and Inter to make the loan deal for Ivan Perisic permanent.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic is set to extend his stay with Milan by signing a new two year contract this week.
– According to Foot Mercato, Barcelona are ready to enter talks with Bayern Munich over Thiago Alcantara. The Spaniard has been linked with a move to Liverpool, PSG and Man City.
– Following the arrival of William Carvalho from Betis, Thomas Partey has been given the green light to join Arsenal this summer.
This football news update is brought to you by the Footy Area team. Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and join other fans from around the world on our Telegram channel.
Marcus Rashford named among TIME Magazine’s next 100 most influential people
Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has been as one of TIME magazine’s ‘next 100 most influential people in the world’,...
Son Heung-Min dismisses rumors of Jose Mourinho losing the Tottenham dressing room
Son Heung-min has laughed off suggestions that Jose Mourinho has lost the Tottenham dressing room following a bad run of...
Paul Pogba to miss Europa League clash due to injury
Manchester United will be without Paul Pogba for the rest of the month, as he still needs a few weeks to recover from a thigh injury. Paul Pogba will not play again in February, with the Manchester United midfielder still needing a couple of weeks...
Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick downs misfiring Barcelona
Not since 2005 had a visiting player scored a hat trick away to Barcelona, with Kylian Mbappe’s hat-trick against Barcelona...
Fernandes slams United’s mentality and defending in Everton 3-3 draw
Bruno Fernandes couldn’t contain his anger in the wake of Manchester United’s 3-3 draw with Everton as he let loose...
MUN 6-2 Leeds: Scott McTominay is a ‘Physical Monster’ who does Sensational things – Ole
Scott McTominay emerged an unlikely Manchester United goal hero, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer maintains his midfield prodigy “can do everything”....
Zidane hails Benzema after important brace against Bilbao
Zinedine Zidane praised Karim Benzema after the striker powered Real Madrid past Athletic Bilbao in LaLiga on Tuesday. Benzema netted...
Transfer Rumours: Eriksen prefers PSG move to Premier League return
Danish International Christian Eriksen has reportedly turned down a move which would have seen him return to the Premier League...
It’s an honor to be involved in France Football’s All Time XI: Cristiano Ronaldo
Juventus and Portugal’s ace striker Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted to his inclusion in France Football’s All Time XI, saying how...